Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington. Amazon focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.
For SDE Intern Position
The SDE Intern experience is unique at Amazon. You get to rub shoulders with outstanding software engineers and researchers with industry-leading technical abilities, solving challenging engineering problems that affect millions of Amazon customers. You also get to collaborate and work with teams across the globe, in the process of being exposed to a range of technologies, best practices, and solution patterns.
SDE Intern will be part of the Device OS Organization and will be responsible for developing features for FireOS. Fire OS (based on Android) is used across a wide family of Amazon devices including Tablets, TV, and an exciting new array of products that are under development.
This full-time position requires candidates with good experience in C++/Java, Linux internals, and preferably Android. In addition, the position will require very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Self-driven, quick starters, passionate problem solvers with curious mind who love solving very complex, very challenging real world problems
· Strong coding skills (e.g Java, C/C++ and/or other languages such as Python, Shell script, Ruby)
· Solid fundamentals in Data Structure & Algorithm
· Excited with opportunities to solve very complex problems and willingness to learn
· Ability to think abstractly & deal with ambiguous problems
· Willing to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Excellent interpersonal communication with strong reading / written English skills
· Major in Computer Science
· Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
· Have technical internship experience
For Applied Scientist Intern Position
Excited by Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Software? Interested in creating new state-of-the-art solutions using Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques on Terabytes of Data?
At Amazon, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale Machine Learning Services and Applications on the Cloud involving Terabytes of data. We work on applying predictive technology to a wide spectrum of problems in areas such as Amazon Retail, Seller Services, Customer Service, Alexa, Chatbots and so on. We are looking for talented and experienced Machine Learning Scientists (Masters/Ph.D. in a related area preferred) who can apply innovative Machine Learning techniques to real-world e-Commerce problems. You will get to work in a team dedicated to advancing Machine Learning technology at Amazon and converting it to business-impacting solutions.
– Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
– Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
– Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
– Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses model development, model validation and model implementation
– Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
– A Masters and/or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field
– Experience in predictive modelling and analysis, predictive software development
– Strong problem-solving ability
– Good skills with Java/Scala or C++, Perl/Python (or similar scripting language)
– Experience in using R, Matlab, or any other statistical software
– Strong communication and data presentation skills
– Experience handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
– Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing
– Knowledge of the latest and state of the art ML technology
– Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences